2009. december 9., szerda

Julie and Julia.

So. You know how much I like Meryl Streep, so you can imagine how excited I got when I saw this movie’s poster first. Then I decided that I would watch this film one time. [By the reason of financial causes I had to wait for a normal version of downloadable copy.]
I don’t really like female directors because they put too much emphasis on the emotions, but I have to say, Nora Ephron is fantastic! She made a great [at least for me great] film about two women who love cooking. This movie is like Coco Chanel with Audrey Tautou if you know that… Biographical film but in an entertaining way. And I have to mention: Congratulations to the costume designer. [Because the half of the movie is played in the past.]
And the cast… The cast is brilliant! The leading lady is [obviously] Meryl Streep. She’s scintillating in her role. She is speaking here like a typical naive middle-aged housewife and is having such a high voice here. [He has originally a deeper voice.]
The other main character is played by Amy Adams. I’ve never heard about her before, but she’s good. Really good. [Okay, I have to admit that her role is not so tough. I think.]
Stanley Tucci played Ms Streep’s husband in that movie. It’s fun, because they played together in The Devil Wears Prada and Julie & Julia contains a couple of movie connections. For example Tucci wears specs and a ring [his character wore them in The Devil Wears Prada, too] and he was asked if he was homosexual [he was gay in The Devil Wears Prada].
It was a nice surprise for me when I realized that Steep’s sister [in the movie] was played by Jane Lynch… Ms. Lynch plays in my newest favourite series called Glee. She’s an evil, ambicious, hotshot trainer there… And here? Here a bit ugly, awkward lady.
So it’s a great film with [multi-]talented stars and a new director. Worth watching! But it has no normal ending, unfortunately.
WTF! The time’s up. I have to go now. My school leavers’ ball is taking place tomorrow.
Good night my dear readers! :]

2 megjegyzés:

Judit írta...

nem szeretek angolul olvasni, csak Téged ^^ hnapra hajrá! :)

Névtelen írta...

ellenorizni kell:)